Humans are a social species and as such, communicating with others is inevitable no matter how introverted (or not!) you might feel.
But have you ever stopped to consider how your communication style might be affecting your professional life, and whether or not it’s holding you back from achieving the growth opportunities you deserve?
HERE’S THE DEAL:
IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL, YOU NEED TO STAND OUT. AND IN ORDER TO STAND OUT, YOU HAVE TO SPEAK UP.
Makes sense, right? Because in today’s highly saturated and competitive environment, merely “doing good” is no longer enough. Aside from completing your day-to-day tasks, you also need to be able to clearly articulate your thoughts, ideas, and overall WORTH in any professional setting you find yourself in, so that your managers, clients, and all other external stakeholders know just what a rock star you really are.
But this might be easier said than done, with public speaking routinely described as one of people’s greatest fears, beating out the fear of heights, flying, and even death!
So what are you – smart, ambitious, driven professionals – to do?
Introducing SHY to (S)HERO
SHY to (S)HERO is an accelerated communication skills training program designed to give you the tools and techniques you need to be your own advocate at work and skyrocket your career to the next level.
Because confident communication is a skill that anyone can master. And you need to be able to speak up for yourself & your larger professional goals… otherwise, no one else will.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF:
- You want to speak with more confidence and authority to your peers, managers, and external stakeholders
- You don’t want to be afraid of expressing your opinions at meetings, panel discussions, or networking events
- You get nervous when delivering presentations to clients or answering questions from senior management
- You wish for more influence and respect at work
- You’re passionate about what you do and are dedicated to becoming a well-spoken and well-rounded professional
This 6-part educational series is comprised of easy-to-follow, actionable video lessons that tackle the topic of confident communication in three phases:
1. Mindset: This is an area that’s often overlooked in the realm of public speaking, but it’s actually at the heart of being a great communicator! Because if you aren’t in the right headspace to confidently deliver your message to your audience, you can read up on what to do with your hands / how to project your voice / how to structure your presentation / etc. all you want, but you still won’t get the results you’re after.
2. Body Language: Have you heard of the 7% rule? It states that communication is only 7% verbal and 93% non-verbal, with body language making up 55% of that non-verbal communication. So what you’re doing with your body, even when you’re not talking, can speak volumes – and it’s in your best interest to make sure the story it’s telling is a good one!
3. Presentation Skills: Though we’ve established that only 7% of communication is through our words, we can all agree that without words, we’d be hard-pressed to relay any kind of meaningful message, correct? So, your talking points are just as important in making you an amazing communicator, and you’ll learn how to make your presentation as engaging, clear, and memorable for the audience as possible.
Once you register, you’ll receive one lesson from me in your inbox every week for 6 weeks, tackling a different aspect of confident communication. By the end of the program, you’ll be amazed at how far you’ve come!
* * * * *
Before starting the first lesson, I strongly encourage you to record yourself doing a 3-5 minute video talking about an important person or event that’s helped shape your life. Pretend to be in front of a real audience when doing it, so no stopping the video to start over if you mess up! Then, after you’ve completed the program, give this exercise another go for an incredible before & after transformation!
SO… ARE YOU READY TO:
- Discover your unique strengths and skills to become an authentic and impactful public speaker
- Feel confident getting your ideas across in a clear and concise manner when contributing to meetings or giving client presentations
- Impress your peers and leaders with your well thought-out ideas and articulate point-of-view
- Develop stronger relationships with your colleagues and managers
- Become a respected and valued member of your organization
Then register for SHY to (S)HERO to join dozens of other incredibly talented, motivated professionals who are embarking on this amazing growth journey with you!